pungi used to create CD that includes a kickstart file

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Thu Jun 14 11:20:54 UTC 2007

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Thursday 14 June 2007 05:08:33 Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
>> Nothing is stopping me from packaging up anything. Although I still need
>> to be able to add complete directory trees that are not packaged. That's
>> why I asked if that is within pungi's roadmap or not.
>
> I don't really think that it is.  What I'm asking is /why/ the directory tree
> isn't packaged, or why can't it be packaged.  What is the underlying real
> reason that you have to include an unpackaged tree?

One example that comes to mind is a respin for different branch offices,
having different kickstart files, although someone doing different
kickstart files for different branch offices should be able to package
it up.

Another reason is that one may want to copy a tree (or files within that
tree) from the install media to the installed system, like configuration
files, home directories, etc.

Another reason is that Revisor doesn't package things up.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen