mock can't read /dev/tty for FC5

Number Cruncher number.cruncher at ntlworld.com
Mon Mar 5 11:01:44 UTC 2007

Clark Williams wrote:

> Hmmmm. What version of mock are you using?

mock-0.6.11-1.fc6

> The reason I ask is that the stdout/stderr for any command run under
> most versions of mock is going to be a pipe. I can envision scenarios
> where stdout/stderr could be a pipe and stdin is a pty, so /dev/tty gets
> setup, but I have to work hard at imagining it.

Yes. I don't know why the mock build works fine for earlier Fedora
chroot's either - though I have noticed all streams are buffered and not
connected direct to the terminal (i.e. have to wait until build
generates many lines of output before any are seen at the terminal).

On closer investigation, this might be a GPG thing. The rpm build
process decrypts something via GPG and a passphrase...

I'll keep looking, but any ideas would be gratefully received.

Simon