Plague dependency question

Oliver Falk oliver at linux-kernel.at
Thu Mar 29 07:18:14 UTC 2007

On 03/28/2007 02:03 PM, Dan Williams wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-03-28 at 08:58 +0200, Oliver Falk wrote:
>>> ie, like debian's build system?
>>>
>>> No, plague doesn't do that.  It was a planned option but Koji is taking
>>> over for plague and I'm not sure if that's planned for Koji.
>> AFAIK, it's planned for koji. And don't blame me, but OpenSuSE's build
>> system has this capability :-)
>
> Yeah; it's nice to have.  It's also a headache in some situations so it
> needs to be selectable.

I think, the bsys should raise up a list of deps that might need a
rebuild; A webpage with checkboxes and a go button. :-) Eventuall a
notification to the maintainer if build fails, and/or a bug#, whatever.
But if you want autorebuilds in such a way, the system needs to know how
to increase the release number and add a cl entry to the spec; Needs cvs
commit rights and so on... Maybe nothing anyone wants to be automated...
However, I'm not goin' to code this :-P

-of