[Patch][Pungi] log file formating

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed May 23 16:22:34 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 23 May 2007 12:07:27 Joel Andres Granados wrote:
> FYI.  I believe this to be temporary fix for the ugliness in the log
> file.  I just don't see a reason to have the progress information
> expressed in individual lines [1] except for maybe the chance of seeing
> exactly in what moment of the createrepo or mksquashfs processes
> failed.  Additionally if pungi where to redirect this output to its
> stdout it would look rather ugly in the CL ( but for know it works for
> the log file since there is no verbose option).
> IMO  there can be *MAYBE* (Im still very touchy feely here) two solutions:
> 1. Do away with the createrepo and mksquashfs outputs (createrepo has a
> quiet options, mksquashfs has a "no progress option" but buildinstall
> would have to be modified to use this option).  In the end the log file
> and the stdout can be the same without any ugliness (I think :)
> 2. Create a special object for the file log handler that simple ignores
> the messages that come from createrepo and mksquashfs and logs
> everything else.  In this way pungis stdout can still have the
> createrepo and mksquashfs outputs while the log ignores them altogether.
>
> Not sure :(.  Any feedback is appreciated!!!

I think it is important to gather all the output from things we call and put
them into the log.  If createrepo barfs on a package I want to know where it
was or things like that.  Perhaps we just need to fix createrepo and
mksquashfs to handle their output better in situations?

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora