Koji server installation

Degremont, Guillaume guillaume.degremont at hp.com
Thu Nov 15 16:22:37 UTC 2007

Hello,

I am currently working on deploying a small build system based on mock/koji

The system is very simple, just one server hosting the builds and koji (another buidl system may be added later, but that is not the issue at thje present time).

I am having some troubles deploying koji. The only document I have found is the ServerHowTo (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Koji/ServerHowTo).
I retrieved the koji, koji-hub, koji-web and koji-utils packages and installd them successfully on my server.

I configured koji to use SSL following the guidelines.
Not being a SSL expert, I think I did not do any error, but it was tricky since filenames change between the certificate creation section and the kojihub/kojweb/kojid configuration sections.
and I configured all 4 servers (kojihub, kojiweb, kojira, kojid) to be hosted on the same server, named murray.

However, when I try to use koji, I get the following error:

[koji at murray ~]$ koji add-user userTest
Kerberos authentication failed: 'No credentials cache found' (-1765328189)
[koji at murray ~]$

I have modified the /etc/koji.conf (though it is not mentioned in the How To) as follows, to ensure it will use SSL:

[root at murray ~]# more /etc/koji.conf
[koji]
;configuration for koji cli tool
;url of XMLRPC server
server = http://murray.mysite.hp.com/kojihub
;url of web interface
weburl = http://murray.mysite.hp.com/koji
;url of package download site
pkgurl = http://murray.mysite.hp.com/packages
;path to the koji top directory
topdir = /mnt/koji
;configuration for SSL athentication
;client certificate
cert = /etc/kojiweb/clients/certs/koji.cert
;certificate of the CA that issued the client certificate
ca = /etc/kojiweb/clients/koji_ca_cert.crt
;certificate of the CA that issued the HTTP server certificate
serverca = /etc/kojiweb/clients/koji_ca_cert.crt

koji_ca_cert.crt being the ca certificate I generated and koji.cert a certificate I generated for the koji user.
This is my first problem. Can anyone help me on this ?

My other problem is with the servers. I configured my apache and started it to have the kojihub and kojiweb started.
I then want to perform some add--user, add-host commands. But I get the message "unable to connect to server".

[root at murray ~]# koji --noauth add-host murray.mysite.hp.com i386 x86_64
Error: Unable to connect to server

With the following logs from httpd:
[Thu Nov 15 10:28:51 2007] [error] [client X.X.X.X] PythonHandler kojixmlrpc: Traceback (most recent call last):
[Thu Nov 15 10:28:51 2007] [error] [client X.X.X.X] PythonHandler kojixmlrpc:   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/mod_python/apache.py", line 299, in HandlerDispatch\n    result = object(req)
[Thu Nov 15 10:28:51 2007] [error] [client X.X.X.X] PythonHandler kojixmlrpc:   File "/usr/share/koji-hub/kojixmlrpc.py", line 278, in handler\n    context.cnx = koji.db.connect(opts.get("KojiDebug",False))
[Thu Nov 15 10:28:51 2007] [error] [client X.X.X.X] PythonHandler kojixmlrpc:   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/koji/db.py", line 128, in connect\n    conn = pgdb.connect(**opts)
[Thu Nov 15 10:28:51 2007] [error] [client X.X.X.X] PythonHandler kojixmlrpc:   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pgdb.py", line 383, in connect\n    dbtty, dbuser, dbpasswd)
[Thu Nov 15 10:28:51 2007] [error] [client X.X.X.X] PythonHandler kojixmlrpc: InternalError: could not connect to server: Connection refused\n\tIs the server running on host "murray.mysite.hp.com" and accepting\n\tTCP/IP connections on port 5432?\n

Do you know what it comes from ?

I can supply my other conf files, if needed. But I strictly followed the Howto nstructions for the configuration files.

Reagrds,
Guillaume Degremont

PS: for security related reasons, I replaced the ipaddress with X.X.X.X and changed the hostname and fully qualified domain name with dummy ones ^^