Mock 0.8.x available

Jeff Sheltren jeff at osuosl.org
Tue Nov 13 23:12:50 UTC 2007

On Nov 13, 2007, at 8:06 AM, Michael E Brown wrote:

> Can you please try 0.8.7, which is the latest released version? Take
> the
> srpm and use mock on a F7/F8 machine to build an RPM for RHEL5 using
> the
> shipped config file. I'm not sure if I released 0.8.1 to fedora or
> not...

Yep, sorry for the noise, I didn't realize I was using an older
version.  After rebuilding 0.8.7 for EL5, it mostly works, but I have
noticed on bug so far.  In my configs, I have a mock repo defined
using file:///some/path which is an NFS mounted directory (handled by
automount).  Now, if that is not currently mounted and I run mock,
then yum in mock gives an error that the repodata isn't found for that
repo.  At that point I can run the 'mount' command, see that automount
has mounted the directory, and then if I re-run mock it will complete
the setup/build successfully.

Since this appears to be yum reporting the problem and not mock I'm
not sure what the old mock was doing that somehow I never had this
problem before.

Doing an 'ls' on the directory to get it auto-mounted before running
mock also avoids the problem.

Aside from that issue (and the logging messages you mentioned), things
seem to be working fine so far...

Thanks,
Jeff