A few Pungi questions

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Fri Nov 23 17:11:29 UTC 2007

Peter Åstrand wrote:
>>> * Where can I find documentation on the "special" Kickstart options
>>> that Pungi understands, are there any others than "repo"?
>> Jeroen answered the other questions for me.
>>
>> "repo" isn't a "special" kickstart option.  It's used by anaconda to
>> access additional repositories during install.  The only "special"
>> thing that pungi uses is a partition type of "iso" to indicate how
>> large you want your isos to be.
>
> Thanks! Is there any documentation on the Kickstart format?
> http://docs.fedoraproject.org/install-guide/f8/en_US/sn-automating-installation.html
> is very brief. More specifically, I wonder:
>
> * Why and when was %end introduced?

I don't know why but I do know when: in the middle of the Fedora release
cycle breaking anaconda because it appended %end (until it got to 1.19).

> * Is it still required that %packages is at the end of the KS file?

"The end" here is relative. %pre and %post can come after %packages
still, it is merely that all the other statements, such as partitioning
and install/upgrade or text/graphical, etc... are in the beginning.

Maybe a better way to put it is to imagine the kickstart split in two
sections: one must come first and holds all the answers to the different
stages of the installation process, the other -that must be last- holds
%pre, %post and %packages.

> * Why is "mouse" not allowed any longer?

I'm not sure what you mean by 'mouse'.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip