Confirming predefined partition layout using kickstart

Peter Åstrand astrand at cendio.se
Mon Nov 26 10:39:00 UTC 2007

Using F8 and Kickstart, we want to predefine everything about partitions,
but also let the user confirm that the disk is going to be wiped. I
thought this could be done with just:

partition / --fstype ext3 --size=1600 --asprimary
partition swap --recommended

But to my surprise, this does not work: The installer complains about
"Could not allocate requested partitions". If we are using:

zerombr
clearpart --all --initlabel
partition / --fstype ext3 --size=1600 --asprimary
partition swap --recommended

...things works great, but then there's no confirmation.

A workaround could be to have the confirmation dialog in some other step
of the installation, it's OK if it's displayed from ISOLINUX or at the
start of Anaconda or something like that. Any ideas?

Regards,
---
Peter Åstrand		ThinLinc Chief Developer
Cendio AB		http://www.cendio.se