Unable to create a distro on multiple disks with Pungi.

William F. Acker WB2FLW +1-303-722-7209 wacker at octothorp.org
Tue Nov 27 00:59:43 UTC 2007

On Mon, 26 Nov 2007, Jesse Keating wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 13:09:00 -0700 (MST)
> "William F. Acker WB2FLW +1-303-722-7209" <wacker at octothorp.org> wrote:
>
>> I don't see the new pungi in either the i386 or SRPMS directories on
>> updates testing.  I'll stand by for another location and keep
>> checking for it to be pushed.  I think I've been able to talk my user
>> base out of Cd's, but it's probably a good idea to test it thoroughly.
>
> Looks like the push is still ongoing.  You can steal it directly from
> the koji store (a signed version even!):
>
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/packages/pungi/1.1.10/1.fc8/data/signed/30c9ecf8/noarch/pungi-1.1.10-1.fc8.noarch.rpm

OK,  I don't know if it was the new version or that I specified the size
correctly this time.  Five proper ISOs were  built plus a DVD.  The
strange thing is that, when I ask for discs, I get a DVD over 2MB larger
than if I just ask for the DVD.  A simple ls -1R of the two loop mounted
trees compares the same.  Go figure.

      I'd like to take this opportunity to say how much I enjoy being able
to use Pungi.  I've been at this project since RHL-7.1, hacking shell
scripts to use buildinstall and the other tools.  Now, all I have to do is
to make some minor adjustments to the KS file, wrap the command and its
arguments into a script that I call "pungify" and I'm good to go.

           Thanks again.

--
           Bill in Denver