no initrd generated with custom kernel

Sean Langford me at seanlangford.com
Fri Oct 12 19:44:30 UTC 2007

Hello,

I'm using pungi to spin a custom distribution with some installation
automations using the anaconda kickstart mechanism.  This mailing list
has been invaluable to accomplish what I have thusfar.

However, I have a need to include a patched fedora kernel.  I've
followed the guide here:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/CustomKernel

and included the resulting kernel rpm in the build manifest and in my
local repo, tagged with my own invented distro tag;.  Pungi correctly
packages and then anaconda installs and boots this kernel but pungi does
not seem to include an initrd.  The logs seem to indicate that it
created one:

>From pungi log:
> Found keymap override, using it
> No i586 kernel, trying i686...
> unpacking
> /opt/build/work/analyzer-os/src/uos/output/7/Everything/i386/os/g4k/kernel-2.6.22.9-3268.il8.i686.rpm.i686
> Building initrd.img
> Wrote /tmp/makebootdisk.initrdimage.19125 (3528k compressed)
> Building isolinux directory
however anaconda does not seem to be installing it.  Its not clear to me
how the pungi-anaconda-kernel-initrd relationship is all mapped out.

Thanks

Sean