no initrd generated with custom kernel [solved]

Sean Langford me at seanlangford.com
Fri Oct 19 13:47:12 UTC 2007

Hello,

I figured out the problem here, so thought I'd share it for the record.
The problem was that the mkinitrd package was not getting included by
pungi.  The log I quoted below which shows an initrd being created is
actually pungi creating the initrd for the anaconda installer itself,
not the installed system.  I added mkinitrd to the manifest and voila it
worked.

Cheers

Sean