OpenSuSE Buildsystem

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Wed Dec 17 00:38:40 UTC 2008

On Tue December 16 2008, Mike McGrath wrote:

> The problem is time and coordination.  So on a whim I thought I'd send
> this email out.  Do we have any contributors out there who are both
> members of Fedora and SuSE who would be willing to lead this charge, find
> similarities and places for coordination?

There exists already a project to coordinate between even more distributions:
http://distributions.freedesktop.org/wiki/

There was also already a first reachout to unify packaging guidelines:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/distributions/2008-March/000100.html

But there is not much activity.

Regards,
Till