output of buildinstall from pungi?

Doug Chapman doug.chapman at hp.com
Wed Jan 16 23:44:20 UTC 2008

I am still hacking away at my ia64 builds.  Occasionally pungi will fail
because something went wrong when it runs buildinstall (such as a
package missing).  The only way I have found to see what went wrong is
to re-run the buildinstall command manually.

I don't see it in the pungi man page but is there an option to not hide
this output?  Is it being logged someplace?  If this functionality does
not exist perhaps I could see about implementing it (I am by no means a
python programmer but no time like the present to learn).

Also, I notice it passes --quiet to several other programs it uses.
Might be good to have a debug option to see output from those also when
things are not going well.

thanks,

- Doug