building from git using custom koji install

Mike McLean mikem at redhat.com
Thu Jul 24 01:50:13 UTC 2008

Jesus M. Rodriguez wrote:
> So am I correct in my assumption that koji expects the scm
> repository to house a single package?

Yes. Furthermore, koji assumes that the simple command 'make srpm'
issued from the checkout will create a single source rpm. There is not
enough information passed to koji for it to handle anything otherwise.

In your SCM layout with multiple packages, how do you generate the
different srpms? Is there a real reason that they are all in one module?

> Is there a way to build from src.rpm without doing scratch
> builds?  /me couldn't find anything in the docs about this.

Some of my current work in progress will allow this to be configurable.
Look for this to land in the next few weeks.

At present, as Doug points out, there is an exception for admins.