building from git using custom koji install

Jesus Rodriguez jesusr at redhat.com
Thu Jul 24 02:27:24 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 09:50:13PM -0400, Mike McLean wrote:
> Jesus M. Rodriguez wrote:
>> So am I correct in my assumption that koji expects the scm
>> repository to house a single package?
>
> Yes. Furthermore, koji assumes that the simple command 'make srpm'
> issued from the checkout will create a single source rpm. There is not
> enough information passed to koji for it to handle anything otherwise.
>
> In your SCM layout with multiple packages, how do you generate the
> different srpms? Is there a real reason that they are all in one module?

We generate different srpms with the Makefile that exists in each
subdirectory. For example, if you want an srpm for the web module
cd spacewalk.git/web; make srpm

Want one for the java code, then cd spacewalk.git/java.

With SVN it seems completely doable because I could give the
path to repo/spacewalk/java and have koji checkout just that
directory. Seems to be a limitation of GIT in this case
(or we're using it wrong) :)

In theory, if there was a way I could tell koji to pull
from this git repo, and cd into this directory, you'll find
the spec file and Makefile there :)

Is there a real reason for them to be all in one module?
Because this is how we had it in SVN, then switched to git. :)

>> Is there a way to build from src.rpm without doing scratch
>> builds?  /me couldn't find anything in the docs about this.
>
> Some of my current work in progress will allow this to be configurable.
> Look for this to land in the next few weeks.
>
> At present, as Doug points out, there is an exception for admins.

For our purposes, we might go the route of the admins.

jesus m. rodriguez     | jesusr at redhat.com
sr. software engineer  | irc: zeus
red hat network        | 919.754.4413 (w)
rhce # 805008586930012 | 919.623.0080 (c)
|  "Those who cannot learn from history     |
|   are doomed to repeat it."               |
|                       -- George Santayana |