corrupt rpmdb in mock-chroot

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 02:16:01 UTC 2008

On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 7:04 PM, Paul B Schroeder
<paul.schroeder at bluecoat.com> wrote:

> Rebuilding the rpm database seems to fix this, but it's a pain to be
> sure.  Any ideas as to why I'm seeing this corruption when creating an
> i386 mock chroot from a x86_64 system?

This is normal and expected.  You created the rpmdb with x86_64 rpm,
and are accessing it with i386 rpm.  The Berkeley DB format is
different based on the arch of the creating machine, therefore
generates the database differently on the two platforms.  If I plan on
doing anything in a chroot (especially a non-native arch one) other
than building a SRPM, the first thing that happens is to rm -f
/var/lib/rpm/__db*.  Don't worry, this got me the first time too (and
is fatal to a pungi compose) :)