Broken dependencies: perl-Test-AutoBuild

Mike McLean mikem at redhat.com
Mon Sep 22 21:06:37 UTC 2008

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-09-18 at 00:49 -0400, Jens Petersen wrote:
>> How does that stop perl-Test-AutoBuild-darcs.noarch getting into ppc64
>> trees?
>
> ExcludeArch

ExcludeArch is odd, and is distinctly tied to the build. Note that only
srpms get the ExcludeArch/BuildArchs/ExclusiveArch data in their
headers; the built rpms do not have this data.

While certain tools might theoretically be able to look up the matching
srpm, check this data, and enforce it in some way for the built rpms, I
don't believe there is any way to signal such restrictions only for a
sub-package. In any case, such use seems a little fragile and sketchy to me.

I'm not that familiar with Pungi's capabilities. Can it be told to
special-case situations like this with a config?

If Pungi is performing the roundabout ExcludeArch lookup I described
above, then you might need to split the arch-limited subpackage into its
own srpm in order to take advantage of that. I'm not sure if that is any
better for you than moving the package away from noarch.