How can I waite for a new dist-foo-build repo

Mike McLean mikem at redhat.com
Wed Aug 26 16:36:13 UTC 2009

On 08/25/2009 10:02 PM, lixiao-a wrote:
> When I build a srpm,it can not waite genarate a new repo,it says.
> 1076 build (dist-foo, system-config-network-1.3.99-1.src.rpm): free
> 1076 build (dist-foo, system-config-network-1.3.99-1.src.rpm): free ->  open (kojibuilder)
>    1077 waitrepo (3): free
>    1077 waitrepo (3): free ->  open (kojibuilder)
>    1077 waitrepo (3): open (kojibuilder) ->  FAILED: GenericError: Unsuccessfully waited 120:58 for a new dist-foo-build repo

As the error reports, the build already waited 2 hours for a repo and
didn't find one, so it is not a matter of waiting. The system is not
creating them.

The most likely reasons for this are (as Jitesh wrote):
   1) kojira not running
   2) no hosts in the createrepo channel
It is also possible that
   3) createrepo jobs are failing

If it is 1 or 2, that is an easy fix. Note that hosts in the createrepo
channel need write access to /mnt/koji in order to succeed.

If it is 3, you should look for failed createrepo tasks and see what the
logs say.