problems of running koji on CentOS with EPEL packages

Mike McLean mikem at redhat.com
Wed Feb 11 20:17:58 UTC 2009

陈鲍孜 wrote:
> Thanks. However, how can I associate the kojid user with a build host?
> Does it mean that I have to configure a DNS to make all this names
> associate together? Or is there something that I need to configure which
> I may not have done?

Build hosts need to be tracked in the koji database. You create these
entries with the 'koji add-host' command. As I wrote before, this
command will also create the associated user of the same name.

Whatever name you used when you ran koji add-host, that is the user that
kojid needs to authenticate as.

> At the beginning of wiki
> "https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Koji/ServerHowToProposed", it is
> mentioned that - "
>
>     Builders
>          By default these will be referred to as /kojibuilderX/, but can
>     also be the hostname(s) of the boxes that will be setup as builders.
>     TODO: can also or should ?
>
> "
> I think this may be why I can't make it correctly. What I'm confused now
> is what the mentioned "hostname(s)".

When you add build hosts in the koji db (with 'koji add-host'), you can
give them any name you like. The document linked above presumes you will
use names like kojibuilder1, kojibuild2, etc. However it notes that
using the hostname (i.e. fqdn) of the machine that kojid will run on is
also a reasonable choice.