Setting up koji to do builds

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Thu Feb 26 03:35:34 UTC 2009

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 7:44 PM, Zubin Sethna <zsethna at technisyst.com.au> wrote:
> I’ve managed to set up a working koji client and server. Now I’m trying to
> figure out how to get it to kick of a build from our CVS repository. What is
> confusing me is the role of a tag in koji and if it is related to the role
> of a tag in CVS?

They are separate.  Koji uses CVS tags to know which revisions of the
code to build from.  The other tags is Koji are used to group together
packages.

> Also, can the name of the Makefile koji will look in to the find the srpm
> target be specified?

No, koji will only run "make sources" in the checked out copy of the
sources.  It'd be nice to have this be configurable but that will take
some code changes.

--
Jeff Ollie