Koji feature proposals

Oliver Falk oliver at linux-kernel.at
Wed Jan 7 08:16:49 UTC 2009

Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> OF> And regarding your point: '... different arches build noarch
> OF> subpackage with different contents'. Well, then it's definitly not
> OF> *noarch*, is't it? :-)
>
> It is quite possible for the contents to differ by, say, date, or by
> timestamps being included in plain text output.  Why would that render
> the output arch-specific?

We where talking about *real* content... :-)

What I could imaging to happen is something like this (just an example,
but it should make my point clear):

i386:
  somescript.sh
  #!/usr/libexec/blabla/i386-bla-bla/bla/binary

x86_64:
  somescript.sh
  #!/usr/libexec/blabla/x86_64-bla-bla/bla/binary

alpha:
  somescript.sh
  #!/usr/libexec/blabla/alpha-bla-bla/bla/binary

It's hard to check something like this, isn't it? Well, as long as it's
only the interpreter line at the beginning it might be simple, but ....

But don't worry, since we do have a few arches already, such bugs should
be found quite fast and maybe we can add additional checks later :-)

-of