crossbuilding rpms with koji

Mark Salter msalter at redhat.com
Thu Jul 9 12:50:38 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-07-08 at 22:24 -0700, Kedar Sovani wrote:

> IIUC you have pkgname.armv5tel.rpm? If so, how did you make rpm
> to build those? I had to modify /etc/rpm/platform to fool rpm in
> thinking it is building for armv5tel. Is there a cleaner way for
> doing this?

I'm pretty sure all I had to do was pass --target=armv5tel to
rpmbuild. I had some missteps early on where some packages ended
up building as native packages but were named armv5tel. It didn't
matter that they were full of i386 binaries and rpm query would
tell me the %{ARCH} was armv5tel. A quick experiment with a
minimal specfile shows that rpmbuild seems perfectly happy to
use any made up arch name you pass it.

--Mark