Mock issue with ifarch BuildRequires

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Wed Jul 22 20:28:45 UTC 2009

On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 16:32:40 +0200, Gianluca wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 5:44 AM, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> > What arech are you building the srpm on?  if its not one of the ifarch'd
> > arches it wont be in the BR's for the srpm.  thats part of why we create the
> > sroms on th ebuild arch in koji.
>
> I'm on x86_64, but i'm not usre I understand how what you stated above
> can affect me.

PEBKAC

Theory: A spec file's BuildRequires become the src.rpm's Requires. So,
typically, one rebuilds the src.rpm from the spec file per target build
architecture prior to resolving the build deps for that target-specific
src.rpm.

However, your package is "BuildArch: noarch", so the %ifarch never
holds true when processing the src.rpm's Requires for target "noarch".