ActionNotAllowed: admin permission required

Mike Bonnet mikeb at redhat.com
Tue May 26 14:18:13 UTC 2009

Tom Stage wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Well I have to admit that I am in the same boat as the last thread with the
> same Subject, this config is also with SSL configured and it seems to be ok
> and running good, I can log in to the web interface.
>
> I have Koji installed on a Fedora 10 x86_64 system, and I have followed the
> HowTo at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Koji/ServerHowTo and I to cant seem
> to execute the following commands as an example:
>
> System info:
> Uname -a
> Linux koji 2.6.27.21-170.2.56.fc10.x86_64 #1 SMP Mon Mar 23 23:08:10 EDT
> 2009 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
> Rpm -qa
> koji-builder-1.3.1-1.fc10.noarch
> koji-utils-1.3.1-1.fc10.noarch
> koji-1.3.1-1.fc10.noarch
> koji-web-1.3.1-1.fc10.noarch
> koji-hub-1.3.1-1.fc10.noarch
>
> SSL certificates created after the instructions in the howto, with one
> exception, since this is a single host installation I have only created 3
> types of certificates. The 1st one is the signing certificate. The 2nd one
> is the certificates for the host, and used by all the koji services. The 3rd
> one is the user certificates.
>
> [root at koji ~]koji call getLoggedInUser
> {'id': 1, 'krb_principal': None, 'name': 'admin', 'status': 0, 'usertype':
> 0}
>
> [root at koji ~]koji add-user kojira
> ActionNotAllowed: admin permission required
>
> [root at koji ~]koji add-host koji.dvos.dk x86_64
> ActionNotAllowed: admin permission required
>
> My users in the users table in postgres looks like this:
> Id	name	password	status	usertype	krb_principal
> 1	admin		0	0
> 2	koji.dvos.dk	0	1
>
> My permissions table looks like this:
> Id	name
> 1	admin
> 2	build
> 3	repo
>
> I am confused and don't understand what I am doing wrong, and I am willing
> to post my configuration files as well.
>
> Any help is appreciated.

To grant a permission to a user you need to insert into the "user_perms"
table.  The user_id column references the id of the users table, and the
perm_id references the id of the permissions table.  In your case,
granting the "admin" user the "admin" permission would be accomplished
by running:

insert into user_perms (user_id, perm_id) values (1, 1);

After that, you can grant other permissions by using the "koji
grant-permission" command.