Re: system-config-packages and yum

On Wednesday 22 December 2004 13:13, Paul Nasrat wrote:
> "The time has come", the monkey said
> "To talk of many things"
> "Of groups and comps and meta data"
> "Of packages and deps"
> "And why rawhide is boiling hot"
> "And whether yum has a gui"
>
> OK I'm going to try and cat herd/organise this as it's needed...
>
> The plan - get yum backending s-c-packages for FC4.  Whilst the schedule
> isn't announced it's likely to be tight - so lets try and get started.

At one time there was some discussion and some info on fedora.redhat.com
concerning the functional requirements for s-c-packages (if appears to have
disappeared from fedora.redhat.com).  Any thought being given to just what
s-c-p is suppose to do (besides how it will access packages).  My specific
interest is in being able to select installation of individual packages which
are not necessarily part of a current group (something like the individual
package selection that was in the installer at one time).
--
Gene