Adding another desktop (ice)

Troy Dawson dawson at fnal.gov
Tue Dec 9 14:44:57 UTC 2003

Hello,
What would be involved in trying to get another desktop officially into
Fedora?

I am thinking of ice, for those people with machines without much
memory, or who just wish a lightweight window manager.  But I am meaning
this question to be more general.
So far I have come up with the following list.

Well maintained rpm.
Bluecurve theme (on by default)
Menu structure consistent with other desktops
Integration into gdm and/or desktop switcher
stamp of approval from Garrett
stamp of approval from rest of Fedora governing body

Am I missing anything?

And on a related note, if one were to get the first 3 or 4 done, is it
even feasible that the stamps of approval will happen, or will this be
something that will only get into fedora-extra?

Troy

Troy Dawson  dawson at fnal.gov  (630)840-6468