[Fedora-desktop-list] Introduction and letter of intent to help as I can.

Trae McCombs occy at occy.net
Fri Nov 7 19:27:06 UTC 2003

Hi everyone,

I've noticed several people sending in introductions to the
fedora-devel-list, and no one has said it was a bad idea, so here
goes...

My name is Trae McCombs, I used to go by "OctobrX" in the olden days.  I
had a hand somewhat in the Linux community development by building the
original themes.org website(with much help from a great community of
volunteers I might add).  I was later on hired by VA to build Linux.com,
and we built a really great community website that had a team of
developers building, adding, and generating content.

At any rate, I'm very pleased to see that one of my pictures,
frosty_pipes.jpg was selected to be in the desktop-backgrounds-extra
package.  I want to continue to see the Fedora desktop grow into
something that we can all(and we already should be) be very proud of.

I would also like to give big kudos to Garrett and all of the Redhat
Desktop team for doing some EXTREMELY nice work so far.  They have,
for the most part, cured me of searching around endlessly for different
desktop setups.  I'll send another email outlining some of my gripes,
small as they are, with how things can be done to improve FC1+.

I look forward to working with you all and helping out as I can.

Sincerely yours,
Trae McCombs

--
Trae "occy" McCombs