[Fedora-desktop-list] What is it with the new Subject prefix?

Kevin Francis kevin at loose-screws.com
Wed Nov 26 06:07:51 UTC 2003

To illustrate that I am not just kicking a fuss for nothing please see
<http://denial.loose-screws.com/screenshots/Screenshot-Evolution.png>.
You'll note that I can't read what the `Changing default ...' is :)

And please note that I run a rather high resolution to begin with. What
about those @ 800*600 or 1024*768?

On Wed, 2003-11-26 at 01:50, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-11-25 at 11:54, Kevin Francis wrote:
> > Why do we have this [Fedora-Desktop-List] tag on all emails?
> > it consumes space and is unneeded. I now have to devote loads of space
> > to the subject field :/
> >
> > As for the excuse that some need it to filter, that's not really a
> > reason, as there are at least two other things they can filter on, and
> > it's easy in clients such as Mozilla Thunderbird, Evolution or even
> > procmail/mutt.
> >
> > The ONLY client not able to do this is MS Outlook in my experience.
>
> Yeah, its pretty useless, and something no other redhat lists use.

>  Alexander Larsson                                            Red Hat, Inc
>                    alexl at redhat.com    alla at lysator.liu.se
> He's a genetically engineered drug-addicted cat burglar from a doomed world.
> She's a mentally unstable impetuous nun in the wrong place at the wrong time.
> They fight crime!
>

> --
Kevin G Francis
<http://denial.loose-screws.com/>