replacing XMMS

Trond Danielsen privat at trond-danielsen.org
Fri Apr 23 17:10:57 UTC 2004

Tony Grant wrote:
> Thanks to pointers in this thread I managed to get rhythmbox running.
>
> It uses 25% CPU on my Epia-M10000...
>
> It is huge - both onscreen and in RAM. It takes about 3x the screen real
> estate that iTunes (which is too big) takes in reduced mode.
>
> Why would you want to replace xmms with a program like that? Did I say
> that it crashes?
>
> When it gets slim and fast then it might have a chance but for the
> moment this is alpha quality software.
>
> 0.02€
>
> Tony Grant

I'm running rhythmbox, and accorting to "top", it only uses 0.7% and
less when running minimized to the notification area, where is uses less
  than 0.5 %.

(I have some problems to, but cpu-usage and size is none of them...)

--
Trond Danielsen

* http://www.trond-danielsen.org  * The ASCII ribbon campaign      ( )
* Mobile tlf: +47 99 62 52 35     *     against HTML e-mail         X
* GPG ID: 0x02F29FD9              * http://www.metacon.ca/ascii    / \