Fw: Info on Fedora 3

suthron suthron at ntlworld.com
Thu Dec 2 09:54:16 UTC 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: suthron
To: fedora-desktop-list at redhat.com
Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2004 4:58 PM
Subject: Info on Fedora 3

I dont know if this is the right place to be to answer my problem
Basicly I am looking for some info on Fedora 3s capability with adsl via a Thomson Speedtouch 330 USB modem.
First some background, I was sick to death of Microsoft continually telling me there was a problem and had to shut down my internet connection, I made some tentative enquiries about Linux and eventually purchaced SUSE 9.1. This worked well on my dial up access and after a three month "Try Before Commiting" period, I took the big jump and transfered my working files to Linux (THANK GOD I KEPT COPPIES AND BACKUPS FOR WINDOWS), the next part is not the fault of SUSE, my major customer (I am self employed, working from home), gave me an ultimatum, GET BROADBAND or A NEW JOB, I got broadband. Suse refuses to work with my modem. Been all over the web and SUSE help places, big joke. "One SUSE expert" told me that Yast Online Update would solve my problem !? another pointed me to the Novel "Pay a lot of money for help web site. It cost me around £600 and a lot of time to have my files reinstated to Windows and since the XP SP2 has arrived I have had very few problems. I still hate Bill Gates and his money grabbing cronies but is there any point in continuing with Linux. Please dont use the easy answer of "Get another modem" as that simply defeats the purpose of using an alternative operating system.

            Living in hope but not expectation

                                        John