DVB and udev

tony tony at tgds.net
Mon Dec 13 08:32:53 UTC 2004

Hello,

After two weeks I have solved my problem with udev and DVB. I feel that
the following information should be on the release notes page for FC3:

	To use DVB with Fedora Core 3 and udev you _MUST_ use the modules in
http://linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/dvb-kernel/!!!
The DVB modules supplied with stock FC3 kernels do not work with udev.

The DVB people were not having my problem because they were using hand
rolled kernels and latest modules from CVS. The end user of a FC3
desktop machine may have a DVB card but this does not mean that she is
familiar with checking modules out of CVS to make it work...

Now if anybody has lirc working I am all ears =:-D

Cheers

Tony Grant