ESD output is garbled

Rob Shinn surak at tuxedo.darktech.org
Tue Dec 21 05:31:56 UTC 2004

I've got Fedora Core 3 using kernel 2.6.9-1.667, the default one that
ships with FC3.  I have a SiS 735 chipset motherboard with an Athlon
1800+ XP, and 1 GB of DDR.

FC3 detected my sound card as using the snd-intel8x0 driver, which is
the driver I used on my last distro on the 2.4 kernel .  The output for
the card detection test was flawless. Output via ALSA and OSS work
flawlessly as well.  But any sounds output through ESD get garbled and
'staticky' sounding.

This didn't happen on my last distro, which was Gentoo running a 2.4.22
kernel.

Anyone got a clue?