Screensavers in FC3

Nils Breunese breun at xs4all.nl
Thu Jul 15 09:57:47 UTC 2004

Mike Fedyk wrote:

> How about a four way split (feel free to come up with better names)?
>
> screensavers-base
> screensavers-3d
> screensavers-pretty (all judged to be better than the ones in misc)
> screensavers-misc (all of the ones you'd love to leave out completely)

Wouldn't it be better to create a separate OpenGL screensavers package?
Or is that the -3d package? I have a dual-head setup, one nvidia
geforce4mx and an old sis pci card. I like to run flurry, but it needs
OpenGL and unfortunately that sis card doesn't support it. So if my
system starts the screensaver one monitor has the pretty flurry visuals
and the other one prints out some errors. Having different screensavers
on each screen would probably involve changing xscreensaver?

Nils.
--
"I got a funny feeling they got plastic in the afterlife" - Beck