test plans

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Sat Jul 31 03:19:20 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-07-30 at 09:16, Mike Hearn wrote:
> Last time I checked these two were broken by the default firewall
> configuration. There is a bug filed on this, assigned to Bill Nottingham I
> think

Aha, Colin was trying to figure that out. ;-)

> >  - suite of Microsoft documents to be imported correctly
> >    (screenshots of correct appearance?)
>
> I suspect OpenOffice has a test suite of these, why does it need to be
> duplicated in Fedora?

What we have to do is *run* the test suite on the package in Fedora.
That means having a pointer to said suite and instructions on how to run
it in the Fedora test plan.

>    - Session management works correctly in major apps?

I think we've more or less given up on session management these days,
though it would be nice.

> >  - verify that all browser plugins work (including
> >    the proprietary ones available from third parties)
>
> Heh, does that include CrossOver Plugin? :)

Yep, ideally.

Havoc