gnome-terminal benchmark

Will Cohen wcohen at redhat.com
Thu May 27 20:21:38 UTC 2004

In an effort to create a set of benchmarks for gauging desktop
performance I have written up a procedure for gnome-terminal to test the
speed that text is sent to the terminal window and written a script to
perform the test. I have attached the writeup for the procedure
(bench_terminal.txt) and the script to run the test (cattest) to this email.

I am interested in hearing people's comments on this test. I know this
is only one test and doesn't address desktop issues like program startup
time, but we have to start somewhere.

We can start to assemble the benchmarks and put them in

http://fedora.redhat.com/projects/additional-projects/benchmarks/

-Will