User space filesharing

Thomas J. Baker tjb at unh.edu
Thu Sep 9 15:31:36 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-09-09 at 17:01 +0200, Alexander Larsson wrote:

> I'm not sure why it didn't work on the other machine. Did it have
> nautilus 2.7, and howl installed and mDNSResponder running? Seems to be
> a problem with rendezvous. Maybe a firewall issue?
>
> I'm not sure why installing schemas doesn't trigger reloading them in an
> already running gconfd. I've seen it happen for other packages, so its a
> general problem. But it matters little in this case, just set the key to
> true.

I set it up on two systems. They each can see themselves but not each
other. Both are up to date rawhide systems. Both can see other
rendezvous broadcasting network services (the same two ftp servers).
There is no firewall between them (same subnet) and no local firewalls
running.

tjb
| Thomas Baker                                  email: tjb at unh.edu    |