Re: Fedora-desktop-list Digest, Vol 14, Issue 1

On Sun, 3 Apr 2005 12:00:07 -0400 (EDT), <fedora-desktop-list-request redhat com> wrote:

Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2005 15:44:23 +0200
From: Antonio Montagnani <anto montagnani virgilio it>
Subject: Re: Can't connect to internet though Link is up
To: Discussions about development for the Fedora desktop
	<fedora-desktop-list redhat com>

Parameshwara Bhat said the following on 03/04/2005 14:07:

Hello All,

This is not exactly a Fedora issue.But knowledgeable on linux can help
me.

I was trying a Live CD distro.I could set my ADSL connection on it
fine.I  can see with 'ifconfig' the link 'ppp0' and can ping to both
local and  remote IPs listed there.'pppd' is constantly running.

But I can't connect to internet,even as root.I have checked through
pppd  options and removed any settings that looked suspicious(rolled
back). What  is standing between browser and kernel(network route)?
How can I know?

Could somebody suggest how I should proceed checking further ?

Regards,
Parameshwara Bhat

How did you set DNS???
In network configuration wizard.