Composite and Metacity.

Soeren Sandmann sandmann at redhat.com
Mon Feb 7 16:56:02 UTC 2005

Gain Paolo Mureddu wrote:

> Another update... though the metacity bug as solved, One that was
> present and I did not play much attention to, still bugs the system in
> GNOME: The close session panel will not come up, the system will
> "hang" whenever I press the log-out button.

This is an issue with the Composite extension. When an application grabs
the server, nothing gets drawn because the compositing manager is not
having its requests processed.  The logout dialog is "there", its just
not drawn, so you can actually push all the invisible buttons and they
will work. Pressing return will log you out.

> This issue was already asked in the main fedora-list, but I wonder if
> the solution found there still applies in this case.

What was the solution found there? I don't read that list.

Søren