Capturing screen action to a movie file, how?

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Tue Feb 8 06:45:55 UTC 2005

Gain Paolo Mureddu wrote:
> Thanks a TON, I will give these a try... Just one question (before I
> embark myself in this endeavor) Is it possible to use VNC locally? Thanks!!

why not use vino to export the display?

i have tried myself to record some such movies but the quality is very
poor compared with http://overholt.ca/wp/index.php?p=11

if someone assemble a short howto this can be a valuable resource for
producing documentation.

PS: of course, a free tool for playing those movies would be wonderful
(swfdec? i have not tested the playback with it yet)

--
nicu