Changing default WM for GNOME2

Gain Paolo Mureddu gmureddu at prodigy.net.mx
Fri Mar 25 20:01:52 UTC 2005

   Although I like Metacity, it is not as low-weight as others, like
xfwm4. I'd like to change the default window manager for GNOME in FC3,
but whenever I do gconf --> desktop --> gnome --> applications -->
window_manager --> default and change there /usr/bin/xfwm4, upon session
restart metacity kicks in and I can't stop it from running, cause it
immediately loads up again! How can I change this behavior? Is it even
remotely possible to do this, or FC3's GNOME WM is hardcoded into some
GNOME parts?