SSH - Abnormal CPU Usage

Thiago Arrais thiago.arrais at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 13:30:05 UTC 2005

2005/10/21, Kyrre Ness Sjobak <kyrre at solution-forge.net>:
> Just a quick question that you probably mentioned, but just to be shure:
> Is the exessive usage on the server side or the client side?

Server side.

> What are you running trough ssh - kde?

I am not quite sure what to answer here. I am running SSH inside a KDE
Konsole terminal and I don't have to run any heavy program to the
server to see the behavior. Just loging in and out is sufficient to
trigger the CPU to maximum activity.

> What OS etc. is the server?

The client and server OSes are the same, all three machines are new
and have the same hardware/software environment. So, we can assume the
same software that is running on my machine (client) is running on the
server.

Regards,

Thiago Arrais