hibernate in gnome 2.10

Kyrre Ness Sjobak kyrre at solution-forge.net
Sat Sep 17 13:03:46 UTC 2005

lør, 17.09.2005 kl. 14.02 skrev Rahul Sundaram:
> Kyrre Ness Sjobak wrote:
>
> >However, ACPI suspend may be aviable. But there isn't any GUI for it
> >(Rahul: will ACPI suspend also be included in the "suspend menu"?).
> >

> This one is under consideration. http://gnome-power.sourceforge.net/.
> If software suspend is available in the next release, g-p-m might be
> too. It all depends on how much testing and feedback developers get from
> the development tree on this

That looks great!

BTW, even if software suspend isn't aviable, that app looks like it
makes it possible to set preferences for a lot of other things.

Like what happens when i push that or that button, shutdown when power
critically low, HW ACPI suspend as supported on many laptops (to me it
looks like the code has become *very* much better recently) etc.
Software suspend is great, but it isn't the only thing out there!

Kyrre