New Fedora GTK Theme (Screenshot)

David Nielsen david at lovesunix.net
Thu Nov 16 04:12:57 UTC 2006

ons, 15 11 2006 kl. 15:14 -0500, skrev Ray Strode:
> Hi,

> > > It sounds interesting.  Can you put together a theme that uses your
> > > engine that has fedora-ish colors?
> > >
> > > David, what do think?  You might want to bring this up on the
> > > fedora-art list, too, so you can get some input from the fedora
> > > artists.
> > >
> > > --Ray
> >
> > Click to see my first screenshot of murrine with a simple fedora
> > colorscheme...
> >
> > http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/7726/previewml7.jpg
> >
> > Impressions???
> I like it!  Very smooth looking.  One thing I would avoid is the blue
> menus and scrollbars.  We had blue scrollbars in the default theme for
> a while and they weren't very popular.

All in all this is a fine effort. However:

- The lollipop effect on progressbars tend to make text of those hard to
read, could we try with a plain one colored progress bar?

- Menubars are hard to read

- Scrollbars in the swiftfox window are both inconsistent with the theme
previwer and hard to read (which one is representative of the real
theme?)

- The blue buttons makes the text hard to read, this is especially
visible on the ToggletoolButton example.

- The blocking effect around the SpinButton arrows I take is compression
not a feature of the theme

But I generally like it a lot.

- David