Re: Why is Fedora a multimedia disaster? - Here is why.

On 18/04/07, Bastien Nocera <bnocera redhat com> wrote:
On Wed, 2007-04-18 at 17:00 +0300, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On 18/04/07, Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora nicubunu ro> wrote:
<snip>
> > - for audio you request one specific format, MP3, but forget about AAC,
> > WAV, OGG, Audio CD - those are also audio (note that Fedora 7 should
> > have preconfigured OOTB a few OGG internet radio stations).
>
> AAC and OGG are not common formats. I should have mentioned wav, audio
> CD and wma.

What makes you say AAC isn't popular? It's used in the PSP/iPod
downloads on Google Video, it's the default audio codec for MPEG-4 and
newer QuickTime versions.

Anything coming out of Apple is AAC audio. I'd consider it popular...

Alright, for arguments sake we'll add it to the list.

Dotan Cohen

http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/317/lonestar.html
http://what-is-what.com/what_is/xml.html