Why is Fedora a multimedia disaster? - Here is why.

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 17:33:16 UTC 2007

On 18/04/07, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Dotan Cohen wrote:
>
> > What does it provide that Knoppix/Slax does not? Or is RH doing this
> > "because they can"?
> >

> It provides a way to distribute Fedora as Live image which many end
> users find useful and have repeatedly asked for. Of course we do it
> because we can. Do you have a problem with that?
>
> Rahul

Rahul, I have no problem with doing something because one can. Man
walked on the moon because 'he could', and in the process technology
had been advanced in ways that profit every walk of life. I have
repeatedly expressed the need for a one (or at least not _five_) disk
install. However, I don't think that Fedora should be used to
introduce people to Linux (reasons given in previous email), and
that's a very likely scenario for a LiveCD. That is a situation that
must be considered.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com/what_is/network.html
http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/168/dr_dre.html