Re: Defining the target audience (Was Re: low-hanging fruit)

On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 17:15:45 -0400
seth vidal <skvidal fedoraproject org> wrote:

> the policy is pretty good:
>
> use only packages from fedora repositories and you can use the fedora
> logos.
>
> add stuff from outside and you have to get rid of the fedora logos and
> trademarks.

And in all cases, if you plan to distribute,

A) You'll need to get sign off from the trademark owner/manager, at
this point that would be the Fedora Board.

B) You'll want to figure out a strategy for dealing with source.
Fedora as a work is licensed under the GPLv2 and you'll need to follow
said license with regard to source, either putting it up at the same
time / same place, make an offer to provide source for a period of no
less than 3 years, or forward an offer from another party.

--
Jesse Keating