low-hanging fruit

David Zeuthen davidz at redhat.com
Tue Aug 21 18:44:47 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-08-21 at 13:48 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> This might be a tonal issue - but you sound like a jerk when you say
> things like the above. You come off as fairly arrogant and unnecessarily
> sarcastic. It's off-putting.

Sorry, but I overreacted because I was (and still is) slightly annoyed
about the tone your message that I replied to. I'll try to be more
diplomatic in the future.

> What I meant is given the set of features PackageKit wants to have I do
> not think it is a good idea and will probably be confusing if both it
> and Pirut are included by default in a fedora install.

No one is proposing that; that would be like installing two web browsers
in a default install.

> >  - No-one says that PackageKit is ready for inclusion at all, all
> >    people, like me, say is that it's looking promising in terms
> >    of dealing with things that other projects, like Pirut, just choose
> >    to regard as non-issues / ignore.
>
> good. glad to hear that. I think PackageKit is chasing us part way down
> a blind alley, but that's one of the options available to fedora. My
> saying 'I think this is a blind alley' is an option available to me.

You are entitled to your opinion. But also respect that people doing
spins / livecd's are entitled to selecting the packages they want.
Personally, I think that's a good thing.

     David