automatic unlocking of keyring

Thomas M Steenholdt tmus at tmus.dk
Sun Dec 16 01:26:12 UTC 2007

Matthias Clasen wrote:
> As some may remember, we turned automatic unlocking of
> keyrings at login time off at a late time in the F8 schedule,
> since it was not working properly with our pam configuration.
>
> pam has meanwhile gained a new feature that will hopefully
> allow this to work reliably (substack). I have built
> gdm-2.21.2-0.2007.11.20.4.fc9 and gnome-keyring-2.20.2-2.fc9
> in rawhide with this turned on.
>
> Please try it and tell me if it works for you.
>

> Matthias

This is actually working for me on F8 using:

gdm-2.20.2-2.fc8 and gnome-keyring-2.20.2-1.fc8

The only thing I think I changed was to move pam_gnome_keyring.so above
the system-auth line in /etc/pam.d/gdm.

If this is not supposed to work, what am I missing? I definitely unlocks
the keyring for nm_applet, evolution and various server connections.

/Thomas