Starting point for package list for Fedora 7 Desktop spin

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Fri Jan 12 04:27:35 UTC 2007

> Matthias Clasen (mclasen at redhat.com) said:
> > > openoffice.org (?)
> >
> > No ?, imo.
>
> So, either we go with no/crappy presentation program, or we add a CD
> in size. Is there an option 3?

I don't think size is the no.1 factor here. And leaving out all the
server-only packages will still allow the Desktop spin to be smaller
than the full FC6 package set, I'd hope.

> > glib
>
> Um, why? Is anything we ship really going to need this? (Similarly,
> gtk+, gdk-pixbuf, gnome-libs)

Ah, sorry. that was an oversight. I did not want to advocate including
the gnome1 stack. I just happened to have those checked out locally,
since I had to multilib-fix them today...

Matthias