F8 desktop features

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 00:15:20 UTC 2007

On 7/27/07, Colin Walters <walters at redhat.com> wrote:
> Blogs?

I love the planet.  I'd love the planet more if I could convince
developers to do video entries where they were literally foaming at
the mouth while attempting to describe the cool crap they were doing.
Incoherent, frenetic ramblings which convey passion and excitement
about whatever it is they are working on that they are actually
passionate or excited about.  But I also enjoy live sock puppet
theater as a form of high cultural expression worthy of wearing a full
tuxedo while in attendance. So take my opinion with a grain of salt.

The problem with the planet is.... it also includes post by idiots
like me.  The feature dashboard in the wiki gives a compelling view
that... holy crap Fedora developers are doing a metric buttload of
interesting things.  The totality of the features, even wacky proposed
no where near working features aimed for two releases away, generates
a sense of momentum, instead of a sense of inertia.  And its a sense
of forward looking momentum that is we need to keep refueled.

-jef